This creamy, fragrant soup is one of my favourite ways to enjoy cauliflower and it's good for those who are budget conscious too.
What's in it?
1 onion, peeled and cut in half
2 cloves garlic, peeled
30g butter, cubed
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
1/2tsp ground tumeric
250g white potatoes, peeled and diced
1L good quality liquid vegetable stock
1 whole cauliflower, cut into florets
80g pouring cream
Handful of italian parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
How do I make it?
1. Place onion and garlic in mixing bowl and chop for 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl, add butter and saute for 3 min / 90°C / speed 2.
2. Add cumin, coriander and tumeric and mix until fragrant for 1 min / 90°C / speed 2.
3. Add potatoes and vegetable stock to mixing bowl. Place cauliflower florets in varoma dish and place on top of bowl, then cook potatoes and steam cauliflower for 35 min / varoma / speed 3.
4. Place steamed cauliflower in bowl, together with cream and salt and pepper, and blend for 1 min / speed 6 (increasing speed gradually from 1 to 6).
5. Serve hot, sprinkled with finely chopped parsley.
4 ProPoints per serve.